Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III USM
This item ships exclusively to the following countries: USA, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Ireland, Finland, Belgium, Netherlands, Sweden, Norway, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Greece, Portugal, Slovenia, Denmark, Hungary, Austria, Luxembourg,South Africa. Please contact us via email for a price estimate if you live outside of these countries.
Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III USM Lens
- EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to 22
- Three Aspherical & Two UD Elements
- Subwavelength & Air Sphere Coatings
- Ring-Type Ultrasonic Motor AF System
- Internal Focus; Full-Time MF Override
- Fluorine Coating on Exposed Elements
- Dust- and Water-Resistant Construction
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
Looking to take things up a notch, Canon's EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III USM Lens embraces a revamped optical design with modern coating technologies that promise improved outer and corner sharpness along with minimal distortion and enhanced peripheral illumination. A member of Canon's legendary L series, this full-frame 16-35mm delivers outstanding image quality and a professional-grade durability. It also offers a fast and constant f/2.8 maximum aperture for consistent performance and light transmission throughout the zoom range.
With the incorporation of two large diameter GMO dual surface aspherical elements and one ground aspherical element, the lens will minimize distortions throughout the zoom range as well as maintain edge-to-edge sharpness and illumination. Along with those elements, the lens utilizes two Ultra-low Dispersion glass elements which minimize chromatic aberrations. Also, it uses both a Subwavelength Coating and an Air Sphere Coating to minimize flare and ghosting.
In terms of handling, the 16-35mm uses a ring-type USM focusing motor combined with a high-speed CPU and optimized algorithms for lightning fast and accurate autofocus. The lens has an internal focus design and offers full-time manual focus override so users can make tweaks using the physical focusing ring regardless of mode. Along with all of this, the aperture diaphragm uses nine rounded blades to create smooth bokeh.
For professional use, the lens is dust- and water-resistant, using seals throughout to prevent intrusion of particles, especially when shooting in inclement weather. Additionally, it uses a fluorine coating on the exposed front and rear elements to reduce smears and make cleaning easier.
An update to a venerable L-series zoom, the full-frame 16-35mm f/2.8 lens provides an extremely versatile range combined with a fast maximum aperture for excellent performance in a wide range of trying conditions. Version III offers an improved optical design that will provide notable improvements in outer and corner sharpness.
- Designed for use with full-frame DSLRs, this optic is compatible with APS-C format cameras as well where it will provide a 25.6-56mm equivalent focal length range.
- Constant f/2.8 maximum aperture offers consistent performance and excellent light transmission throughout the zoom range.
- Two large-diameter GMO dual-surface aspherical elements and one ground aspherical element help to minimize distortions throughout the zoom range in order to maintain edge-to-edge sharpness and illumination.
- Two UD lens elements are used to minimize chromatic aberration in the outer area at wide-angle; as well as eliminates color blurring around the edges of the subject, for images with high resolution and contrast.
- Both a Subwavelength Coating (SWC) and an Air Sphere Coating (ASC) have been applied to lens elements to reduce backlit flaring and ghosting for maintained light transmission and high contrast in strong lighting conditions.
- A ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM), along with an internal focusing system, high-speed CPU, and optimized AF algorithms, are employed to deliver fast, precise, and near-silent autofocus performance.
- Full-time manual focus operation is available for fine-tuning of your focus position when working in the AF mode.
- A weather-resistant design protects the lens from dust and moisture to enable its use in inclement conditions. Additionally, fluorine coatings have also been applied to the front and rear lens elements for further protection against fingerprints and smudging.
- Nine rounded diaphragm blades contribute to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
Warranty, Item Condition and Damaged on Arrival Product Returns
The condition of this item is new.
This product comes with a No Warranty, which is honored by the manufacturer. You may wish to increase your warranty period for additional peace of mind by purchasing one of our Mack Warranties, or if it is one of the few not stocked by us you can purchase that particular warranty directly from Mack.
If your product arrives damaged or defective you must return it to us. The period for notifying Cameraverse that this product is damaged or defective and needs to be returned, is TWO DAYS from when the item is delivered to you. The notification MUST be done in writing through sending an email to email@example.com, and MUST include ALL of the required information clearly laid out in our RETURNS POLICY. Unfortunately, we will not be able to accept any returns of damaged or defective products if ALL of this information is not sent to us within this time period. Please be sure that you receive and check your items yourself or if someone else is receiving your goods for you then it is important that they check the order within this time period.