Canon EF 100-400mm f4.5-5.6L IS II USM
This item ships exclusively to the following countries: USA, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Ireland, Finland, Belgium, Netherlands, Sweden, Norway, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Greece, Portugal, Slovenia, Denmark, Hungary, Austria, Luxembourg,South Africa. Please contact us via email for a price estimate if you live outside of these countries.
Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM Lens
EF Mount L-Series Lens/Full-Frame Format
One Fluorite and One Super UD Element
Air Sphere and Fluorine Lens Coatings
Ring-Type USM AF Motor, Internal Focus
Optical Image Stabilizer with 3 Modes
Rotating Zoom Ring & Torque Adjustment
Detachable, Rotatable Tripod Collar
Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
A long-reaching telephoto zoom characterized by a sophisticated optical design and advanced image stabilization technologies, the Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM Lens is part of the esteemed L-series developed for full-frame EOS DSLRs. One fluorite element and one Super UD element have been incorporated into the lens' construction, and both help to reduce aberrations and distortions throughout the zoom range in order to deliver notable clarity, image sharpness, and faithful color reproduction. An Air Sphere Coating has also been applied to lens elements in order to reduce lens flare and ghosting for more contrast-rich imagery. Benefitting the optical components of the lens, a four-stop effective Optical Image Stabilizer helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake and can be dedicated to different styles of shooting. Furthermore, a redeveloped rotation-type zoom ring pairs with an internal focusing mechanism, and an Ultrasonic Motor, to deliver quick and intuitive handling to benefit handheld shooting. Positioned as a versatile option for sports and wildlife photographers, this lens' list of attributes make it a viable telephoto zoom for a variety of shooting applications.
Housed within a weather-resistant barrel, this lens also features fluorine coatings on the front and rear elements for protection against fingerprints and smudges from affecting image quality. Zoom control is complemented by a dedicated tension ring for adjusting zoom torque. Additionally, other refined design elements include a tripod collar that can be attached or detached with the lens mounted to the camera and an included lens hood that permits easy control over specialty filters with the hood in place.
- Telephoto zoom 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 lens is compatible with full-frame EOS DSLRs, as well as APS-C sized sensors where it will provide a 35mm-equivalent focal length of 160-640mm.
- One fluorite element and one Super UD (Ultra Low Dispersion) element help to correct chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range for a high degree of sharpness, clarity, and color accuracy.
- An Air Sphere Coating (ASC) has been applied to lens elements to reduce backlit flaring and ghosting for maintained light transmission and high contrast in strong lighting conditions.
- An Optical Image Stabilizer helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to four shutter speed stops to better enable working in low-light conditions and with slower shutter speeds. Additionally, three dedicated image stabilization modes are available-Standard, Panning, and During Exposure Only-and can be selectively employed to suit a variety of types of shooting.
- An Ultrasonic Motor (USM), along with an internal focusing system, high-speed CPU, and optimized AF algorithms, are employed to deliver fast, precise, and near-silent autofocus performance.
- The rotation-type zoom ring offers precise adjustment between zoom positions, especially when shooting handheld, and a zoom torque adjustment ring enables easy setting of the zoom tension for personalized control.
- A weather-resistant design protects the lens from dust and moisture to enable its use in inclement conditions. Additionally, fluorine coatings have also been applied to the front and rear lens elements for further protection against fingerprints and smudging.
- Nine rounded diaphragm blades contribute to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- A redeveloped tripod collar can be attached or detached from the lens without having to remove the lens from the camera.
- The included ET-83D lens hood incorporates a side window for easier adjustment of rotating filters with the hood in place.
Warranty, Item Condition and Damaged on Arrival Product Returns
The condition of this item is new.
This product comes with a No Warranty, which is honored by the manufacturer. You may wish to increase your warranty period for additional peace of mind by purchasing one of our Mack Warranties, or if it is one of the few not stocked by us you can purchase that particular warranty directly from Mack.
If your product arrives damaged or defective you must return it to us. The period for notifying Cameraverse that this product is damaged or defective and needs to be returned, is TWO DAYS from when the item is delivered to you. The notification MUST be done in writing through sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and MUST include ALL of the required information clearly laid out in our RETURNS POLICY. Unfortunately, we will not be able to accept any returns of damaged or defective products if ALL of this information is not sent to us within this time period. Please be sure that you receive and check your items yourself or if someone else is receiving your goods for you then it is important that they check the order within this time period.