CAMERAVERSE RETURN POLICY
1. EASY RETURNS POLICY
We care about your satisfaction. That's why returns to CAMERAVERSE are fast & easy! If you are dissatisfied with your purchase as it is damaged, malfunctioning, dead on arrival (DOA) or missing parts, then you are able to return it to CAMERAVERSE. Please note that this time period varies for different items, depending on the manufacturer / supplier, and can be 24 hours, 2 days or 7 business days from the moment when you receive the item. This time period will be clearly stated on the product page. Certain items can be returned within this period even if they are undamaged and you merely decide that you do not want the item or want a different item. However, this does not apply to all items and so it is vital that you contact CAMERAVERSE prior to purchasing the item to discern whether this is possible with a particular product. CAMERAVERSE will only accept the return of products (through the Easy Returns Policy, or for Warranty) subject to the conditions and exclusions outlined below in the rest of this document.2. WARRANTIES
CAMERAVERSE would like to make sure that you never struggle with reliability issues with your purchase that can leave you out of pocket. The majority of CAMERAVERSE products come with manufacturer warrantees. If a product comes with a warranty it will be clearly stated in the item description, together with the length of the warranty. These warrantees, where applicable are ultimately covered by the manufacturer. This means that (outside of any Easy Returns period) you would deal directly with the manufacturer and the manufacturer’s terms and conditions would apply. However here at CAMERAVERSE we want to make absolutely sure that you are always covered, no matter the length of the manufacturer’s warranty, and that you can buy your product with complete peace of mind! So you will see that for most products, irrespective of the length of the manufacturer warranty, you are able to buy extended Mack Warrantees at the same time that you buy your product from us. This Mack Warranty will provide extended cover for your product over and above any manufacturer warranty. These extended warrantees will be discussed separately below at the end of this document under ‘Extended Mack Warrantees’ (as the warranty will be honored by Mack and therefore the terms and conditions of these are separate from CAMERAVERSE). In terms of the standard manufacturer warranty that is always clearly mentioned in the item description, please read the below sections carefully since (as with the Easy Returns Policy) we can only honor a warranty if the below conditions are met in full.3. ELEGIBILITY CONDITIONS
Please read conditions below, which apply to all Easy Returns. If all conditions are not met, CAMERAVERSE reserves the right to refuse the return.
- All returned items must be in new condition, in their original unaltered box and packaging (including an intact UPC code) and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, cables and accessories.
- To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase.
- CAMERAVERSE is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- CAMERAVERSE is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. With valid returns we are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
- CAMERAVERSE reserves the right to decide whether an item will be refunded for cash, for another identical item or for a similar product.
- Please test the product(s) before returning to us. Many items shipped back as ‘defective’ are found to work perfectly when tested, some after doing something as simple as putting in new battery. If an item is returned to us and found to be working, the customer will have to pay return shipping charges.
- Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within 1 day (24 hours) of receipt of merchandise (when the courier delivers the item). In the event of the item being missing or damaged upon arrival the item will be replaced at CAMERAVERSE’s expense.
- The buyer will pay for the product to be shipped back for repair or replacement. We also strongly suggest that the buyer purchase shipping insurance for the item as they will be held responsible if it is lost while they are returning it.
- All items can only be returned once you have an RMA number (see below for RMA numbers). This number must be mailed with the item.
- Items that are not missing or damaged, and that are nevertheless able to be returned (please check before purchase to make sure if this option is available for a particular product), and that the buyer wishes to return will be charged a 20% restocking fee (with a minimum fee of $10). The customer will be reimbursed or have a different item shipped just as soon as the item arrives back at the warehouse.
Certain items cannot be returned, unless they arrive missing or damaged. These include, but are not limited to:
- Electronic software downloads
- Unwrapped consumable items (e.g., film, tapes, paper, bulbs, CD, DVDs, ink cartridges, etc.)
- Any items built or modified by (or via) CAMERAVERSE to customer's specifications and on customer’s request.
- Special order merchandise or any item indicated on the website as nonreturnable.
- Underwater equipment that has been submerged
- Unwrapped educational tapes and books
- Second-hand or refurbished goods, unless the fully meet the requirements set out under point 4 below
- Any other item where CAMERAVERSE does not expressly state (either in the product description or more commonly via email in response to a customer request prior to purchase) that the item is returnable.
- Defective items may be repaired, exchanged or refunded at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model
5. RETURN OF RE-OWNED AND REFURBISHED ITEMS
CAMERAVERSE sometimes carries inventory of pre-owned and/or refurbished photo, video, and audio equipment.
Every used item is rigorously inspected and tested before being put up for resale. All equipment is guaranteed to work, regardless of its cosmetic condition. All cosmetic imperfections are diligently reported and/or photographed. Unfortunately, due to the nature of this merchandise easy returns are not accepted for pre-owned and/or refurbished goods, unless the item arrives missing or does not work or its actual functionality is impaired (beyond anything described in the sale description) or its cosmetics are impaired grossly beyond what is displayed in the photographs and/or product descriptions.6. EXCHANGES
Please allow at least 7 business days for mail-in exchanges to be processed7. REFUNDS AND CREDITS
Once we receive and inspect your item(s), we will credit your account or send a replacement item. Please allow at least 7 business days for a credit to appear on your account. In most cases, we will issue your refund in the same way you made the original purchase.8. RETURNS POLICY
How to Return or Exchange an Item:
Email our Customer Service Department at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an RMA number and return shipping address. When emailing our customer support to obtain an RMA number prior to returning an item , please provide the following:
- Order Number (located in confirmation email)
- Product Model / Description
- IMEI / Serial Number
- The nature of the problem
- Photos if required
- Your full name
- Your email address
- Your day time phone number
Once you have received an RMA number and Return Address for that particular item, place the original package (including all original components, manuals, cables, and accessories) into a shipping carton. Include the invoice and the reason for the return. If defective, please specify the exact defect.
Clearly write the RMA number and return shipping address on the outer box.
Ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. Return shipping charges and shipping insurance are the responsibility of the customer and CAMERAVERSE is not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
Do not tape or mark on the actual product box, as this may mean that we are unable to exchange or refund the product, or that the product will only be replaced after a higher fee is paid.
The item needs to be shipped to the provided address immediately after receiving an RMA number.
Please note, any shipment received without the required documentation will be returned, and the shipping cost will be borne by the buyer. In the event we cannot contact you to verify the return or you do not deposit the funds for return shipping, your package will be considered abandoned after a period of (60) days.9. LIMITATIONS OF WARRANTIES
All items sold by CAMERAVERSE that carry warrantees are warranted solely by the manufacturer/distributor and not by CAMERAVERSE. All items needing repair should be sent to the manufacturer/distributor directly for service. CAMERAVERSE is not liable if the manufacturer/distributor fails to perform warranty service, or to replace/refund a Dead on Arrival (DOA) Item. We also reserve the right on charge a 20% restocking fee on any item, including DOA or damaged items. User, physical and accidental damage is not covered by warranty. No item is covered by a warranty unless this is expressly mentioned!
There is no implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose on any item sold by CAMERAVERSE. CAMERAVERSE will not be responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise purchased from us. CAMERAVERSEs liability is limited to the monetary value of the merchandise.
10. ADDRESS CORRECTION POLICY
It is very important that we receive a complete and accurate address for all orders to insure timely delivery and because UPS and FedEx charge a fee for any address correction. If we receive an incorrect address from a customer and we are charged a correction fee we will pass this fee on to the customer.11. DEAD PIXEL POLICY
We have a Dead Pixel policy that a screen, LCD monitor or similar must have 9 or more dead pixels to be categorized as ‘damaged’. If this is the case then the customer is able to return the product for replacement or refund at our discretion, provided it is within the Easy Returns period for that product.12. ORDER CANCELLATION & AMENDMENT POLICY
If a customer wants to cancel or change an order that has already been placed they must contact our office phone, skype or email. We will make every effort to stop the order (or make the requested changes). However, if the customer does not call in time, and we are unable to stop the order (or make the requested changes) then the customer is still responsible for the order. In addition to any phone call / skype call we will request an email for confirmation by the customer.
13. MACK EXTENDED WARRANTIES
We at CAMERAVERSE want to make sure that you are always covered, no matter the length of the manufacturer’s warranty, and that you can buy your product with complete peace of mind! So you will see that for most products, irrespective of the length of the manufacturer warranty you are able to buy international Mack Warrantees from us at the same time that you buy your product from us, which will provide extended cover for your product. The beautiful thing about these warrantees is that they aren’t the standard ‘one size fits all’ warranty, where you inevitably end up overpaying for benefits that you do not require. Here you can cherry pick your warranty to have exactly the qualities that you actually require – the length of the warranty, the total cost of product that it needs to be able to cover, whether it should cover a no-questions-asked immediate replacement in the initial period, whether you are based in the USA or outside the USA, and much more. So please remember to buy a Mack Warranty AT THE TIME that you purchase your product from us, to make sure that you are covered, and to read through what is covered by each option so that you can pick the warranty that best serves your needs. Feel free to contact us PRIOR TO PURCHASING your item so that we can advise you on which whether we believe that you require an extended warranty for your particular product and so we can discuss which extended Mack warranty would best serve your needs. Please note that these Warrantees are honored by Mack and so they will be covered by Mack Terms & Conditions.